OUR VISION REMAINS:
This book is available in hard copy and as an e-book*. What is it about?
- Canada was an early adopter of telehealth and e-health due to the large distances that separated people from medical advice and health professionals far away.
- Today, telehealth is more than simply connecting patients and providers over large distances:
- Telehealth combined with e-health:
- facilitates emergency rescues and access to information
- through teletriage, provides health care advice online or by phone
- permits monitoring at home for patients with chronic diseases,
- helps seniors live at home independently,
- shortens wait times to diagnosis and treatment,
- increases personal awareness of healthy lifestyles
- permits digital images to be stored, retrieved and transferred across the miles
- shortens or replaces hospital stays
- accelerates access to advice, information and care.
- Through many examples - from emergency rescues at sea to tele-counselling from home and self-monitoring, the book shows the impact telehealth is having on patients and health professionals worldwide.
- The examples and stories in this book will surprise even knowledgeable and experienced practitioners.
- *THROUGH A PARTNERSHIP WITH INGRAM SPARKS THE E-BOOK VERSION IS AVAILABLE FROM E-RETAILERS ALL OVER THE WORLD: AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE AND MANY OTHERS.